We have been granted planning permission to build a new lobby and toilets at the front of the hall, including dedicated disabled toilets.
Over the years the toilets in the hall have become rather tired and the drains are blocking on a regular basis. Whilst we do not wish to change the character of the building, we need to improve some of the facilities.
We will be applying for grants, but are not expecting these to cover all the costs and are hoping that the local community will help us to raise the money to improve our village hall which serves all ages within the community. We estimate that it will cost around £90,000 for the building work, so all donations will be welcome since we do not receive any income apart from hall lettings.
To help with our appeal, you can:
- Make a donation to our funds using wonderful.org this enables us to claim Gift Aid which gives us an extra 25p for every £1 donated
- Contact Jill Ellis, 01525 712859
- Attend various events in the village throughout the year
- Join the Co-op and help us to receive community funds - click here to visit our Co-op profile page
- Community Recycling - Collect empty breadbags, popcorn, pretzel, nut and crisp packets, including multipack bags for community recycling. The Village Hall is a collection point for plastic confectionary packaging; this scheme is sponsored by Nestle, but all brands of sweets pouch or chocolate wrapper are accepted, including outer wrappers and bags. There are bins, through the gate in the courtyard, at the hall so that you can drop them off at any time. Please spread the word to reduce waste going to landfill and also benefit the hall.
Join the Walking Treasure Hunt around Westoning on Sunday 6th October
This fundraising activity is designed for families, but we’re sure everyone will enjoy it!
Question Sheets, at a cost of £5 each, will be available between 10.30am and 3.30pm from the Village Hall
Refreshments for sale throughout the day in the hall For further info, please contact Jan on 01525 753776