We have just been granted planning permission to build a new lobby and toilets at the front of the hall, including dedicated disabled toilets.
Over the years the toilets in the hall have become rather tired and the drains are blocking on a regular basis. Whilst we do not wish to change the character of the building, we need to improve some of the facilities.
We will be applying for grants, but are not expecting these to cover all the costs and are hoping that the local community will help us to raise the money to improve our village hall which serves all ages within the community. We estimate that it will cost around £90,000 for the building work, so all donations will be welcome.
To help with our appeal, you can:
- Make a donation to our funds using wonderful.org this enables us to claim Gift Aid which gives us an extra 25p for every £1 donated
- Contact Jill Ellis, 01525 712859
- Attend various events in the village throughout the year
- Join the Co-op and help us to receive community funds - click here to visit our Co-op profile page
- Collect empty popcorn, pretzel, nut and crisp packets, including multipack bags for community recycling. There is a bin, through the gate in the courtyard, at the hall so that you can drop them off at any time. Please spread the word to reduce waste going to landfill and also benefit the hall.
- Enjoy the Westoning Players fund-raising evenings on either Friday 28th or Saturday 29th June 2019 - see details below
present two fund-raising evenings of sketches, songs, monologues and mirth;
with a lovely supper, to aid the Westoning Village Hall improvements
Friday 28th & Saturday 29th June 2019 Doors open 7pm, for start at 7.30pm
Westoning Village Hall, 34 Church Road, Westoning, Bedfordshire, MK45 5JL
Tickets £15 pp (no concessions) Supper included, Bar, Raffle
Box Office: 01525 719695 www.westoning-players.co.uk
Please make cheques payable to Westoning Players and send to Christine Morton 10 Sampshill Road, Westoning, MK45 5LF